KWS, MoWS, MAPS
Diane grew up in New York City and studied art and music as a young girl. Her parents were both musicians, composers and artists and these pursuits influenced her own art in years to come.
After marriage and children and moving to Kansas City due to her husband's job, Diane completed her BA in Art a the University of Missouri and established herself as an award winning watercolorist. She studied with Zoltan Szabo in watercolor and Donna Aldridge, PSA, in pastel.
During the past year Diane has exhibited at the Salmagundi Club in New York City with the American Artists Professional League at their 77th Grand National Expo (she has been a two-time winner in watercolor there ); Degas Pastel Society Juried Membership Exhibit; Paint The Parks (selected to be in the top 100-Mini Exhibition); Cooperstown National Art Association Juried Exhibition, NY 2007; Kansas Watercolor Society's Juried Exhibition; Missouri Watercolor Society (she was made a Signature Member in 2008) and many more exhibitions in and around the United States, including the California Watercolor Society .
Diane has affiliations with various art clubs around the country including Kansas Watercolor Society (Signature Member); Mid-America Pastel Society (Signature Member) and Missouri Watercolor Society.
Her latest art works can be seen on this site as well as at Art ID.
She has been included in the following Juried shows :
Splish-Splash St. Louis Artists' Guild
American Artist Professional League
Salmagundi Club - Won the Frank C. Wright Award in 1999
Capezio Ballet Co. of New York - Purchased Work
Diane works on commission, and prints from photos, still-life, etc. She paints in: Pastels, Watercolor, Acrylic, and Colored Pencil. She has exhibited her work at Cork Gallery in Lincoln Center in New York, and George Mason University in Arlington Virginia where she was
selected to participate in the American Pen Women 2000 Bicentennial Exhibition. In 2004 she exhibited at The American Artists Professional League's 76th Grand National Exhibit at the Salmagundi Club in NYC. In November she was juried into the Degas Pastel Society Exhibition in New Orleans as well as the "Pastels on High" in Placerville, CA.
Diane Stolz has been juried into the following shows for the fall of 2008:
are recent shows that Diane has been accepted to:
- Degas Pastel Society's 12th Biennial International Exhibition at the Lauren Rogers Museum of Art - Laurel , Miss for the month of October.
- Wichita Center for the Arts, Kansas Watercolor Society's Great 8 Exhibition, Wichita, KS thru November 2009
- American Artists 80th Grand National Exhibition, New York City at the Salmagundi Club, NY thru Nov 15
- Pastels on High, Sierra Pastel Society National Exhibition, El Dorado Hills, CA thru October.
- Diane Stolz, KWS, MAPS has been juried into the American Artists Professional League, Inc. the Eighty-First Grand Nat'l Exh. in New York City (Salmagundi Club) with her oil painting, "Peonies" ... the exhibit runs from Oct 31st thru November 10th 2009.
- Art at the Center - September 2009 Sheraton Hotel, Overland Park, KS Juried Exhibition.
Juror: Master Artist15th National Juried Exhibition - April 2006
- Estes Park Gallery-Lines into Shapes, October 2009, Estes Park, CO.